I bought this sweatshirt for $9.95 from H&M and it was way to plain for me so I had to jazz it up! This is one of the easiest projects that you can repeat on any plain top.
For this project you will need the following:
- Plain, sweater, sweatshirt, or tee
- E- 6000 glue
- Needle and thread (same color as your top)
1. Lay your top down on a hard surface.
2. Play with placement to determine how you want your top to look if you don’t already have an idea.
3. Place a tiny drop of glue on the jewels and glue them in place. You don’t want them to move when you’re trying to sew them on.
4. Thread your needle and begin to sew each jewel securely to the top.
5. Once all of your jewels are secure, turn the top inside out. Place the interfacing over where you’ve sewn down the jewels. Trace an outline of the area and then cut it out.
6. Take a towel or another fabric and put it over the interfacing. Iron it down to your top to help keep the threads from moving or popping should you wash the top in the machine. I sometimes add interfacing to store-bought tops that have sequins or any other embellishment if they aren’t structured fabrics.
7. Once you’ve sewn the interfacing on, if that’s what you’ve decided to do, you can wear your top with ease!