1. LifeAndDimSum cooked up some Lemon Ricotta Waffles and I’m actually thinking of making them this weekend using the recipe she provided! How about using honey instead of syrup? Warm honey, lemon, and waffles… yum.
2. What should you be watching this weekend? “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete” opens in theaters today. I’ve been patiently waiting for this since I read about it on the Sundance website. George Tillman, Jr., the director behind Soul Food, Men of Honor, Barbershop, and Notorious was said to have fallen in love with Michael Starrbury’s script for this movie and thankfully he was in a position to bring it to life. The film is told through Mister’s point of view for the most part. His mother does more than dabble in drugs and after she’s apprehended by the police, Mister and Pete are left alone to face more than any child should just like some do in reality.
3. I said this fall I would purchase my first pair of Uggs so I went to the site and found that they launched a customization feature. They’re letting customers modify the classic short boot and/or the furry slipper. I doubt anyone can make that slipper look like it’s worth spending $110 on but hey give it your best shot. The short classic boot is $220 and you can makeover the boot, bindings, heel, and sole. Click here to get started! You can’t have names sewn on or anything but that’s what craft stores are for 🙂
5. How would you like to live the American Dream… you know, shop at your favorite stores (Zara, TopShop, etc), surf, ride some rides, ice skate, and catch a live Cirque du Soleil show and maybe ride a few water rides all under one roof? American Dream is a slow project still in the works aiming to become one of the largest unique shopping, entertainment and tourism centers in the world. Check out the website here.
6. R. Reuel the woman behind the collection Demestiks New York has 2 pages of pieces made up of African wax prints.
7. Fashion, Art, Design (FAD) Georgetown takes place this Friday – Saturday. To view the list of happenings for these two days click here.
8. Have you been searching for suspenders to fit your little one? Try Ryann’s Closet! Suspenders are $10 and you may even find a matching bow or bow tie.
9. Well I don’t know about frightening but these parents set the bar pretty high for creative costumes for kids. Check out the competition here.
10. You’ve seen leather gloves but how about mittens? H&M recently added some to their site but if you’re feeling crafty, try DIYing your own! Hopefully you took advantage of their two-day 30% of sale this week 🙂
11. Lastly, Old Navy has some sweatshirts on sale for $8 in 7 different colors. If you need any for DIYs then these might be great for you to use. If you read the reviews, you’ll find some people purchased more than one. The sale lasts through Monday.