This is for the ladies who want the fairest clutch of them all! My inspiration for this clutch came from two Kate Spade clutches I saw and Cinderella’s glass slippers.
- One toothpick
- A hinged box (I used an old one from my transparent clutch days)
- Several packs of 1.2 cm mirror pieces and 1/2 inches for the top and sides of your clutch (I ended up using 5 I think)
- E-6000 glue
- One handle for the clutch (not pictured but mine came from Hobby Lobby)
- Silver chrome spray paint
1. For step one you can drill a hole where you want your handle to go or spray the box first and then drill. My box was already drilled so I sprayed 3 coats to cover the paint that was already on the box. It may be a good idea to spray inside the box as well because the glue will be seen when you open it if you opt not to, if you’re fine with that then do as you like.
2. You can either glue the pieces down as you go or you can put them all down to make sure they fit and glue them down piece by piece using the toothpick to apply the glue which is what I did. All the mirrors are cut differently so I wanted to make sure they fit where I put them to make sure there’d be less gaps. I bought two mixed bags of mirrors in different sizes and used the next size up on the sides and top of the clutch.
3. Once you’ve glued everything on then insert your handle. If you have a long handle then you may need to cut it down like I did in my transparent clutch diy.
What do you think of the clutch?