Had to give you all a DIY in time for the holiday and while I saw just the thing while I was browsing the accessories over at BaubleBar.
I loved the navy and white rope tied in what looks like a couple fishermen’s knots. No bling, nothing fancy, nice and simple. It’s not like the people fighting for our continued freedom in the states get to swag out in bling while they’re off at work keeping us safe. Accessories aren’t at their fingertips either so I didn’t want to have a lot going on and the nautical look is a favorite of mine… must have something to do with watching “Popeye” and/or “Pippi Longstocking” when I was younger. Peep the DIY below!
- Rope of any kind. I used a white cording from the trim section in Hobby Lobby
- Jump rings
- Charm of your choosing
- Square cube beads
- Closures (pictured is a cowrie shell but you’ll see later that I switched to toggle that better fit the direction I was headed.)
1. The rope trim I used was 5 yards but regardless you want to knot it however you choose making sure that both the left and right side have loops for your jump ring to go on.
2. Once you’ve got the rope the way you want it you can add your charm to the front center.
3. Take the square cubed beads and place one on each loop to keep them together.
4. Put your jump rings on the loop(s)
5. Add your closure pieces.
What do you think?
Please remember to take time out to be thankful for those who have fought and continue to fight to keep our country safe. Send prayers up for them and their families because they risk a lot for us and they make that sacrifice. Send a care package, add items to someone else’s package or just say thank you when you pass them in their uniform. It doesn’t cost you anything at all and I’m sure it will be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy your 4th of July!