I’m a little behind on this one but these Charlotte Olympia clutches make me want to DIY my own. What do you think?
Way way way, way back in the day the Looney Tunes were EVERYWHERE. You remember the Looney Tunes right? They had a crew that included Taz, Marvin the Martian, Tweety Bird, my dude Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and a string of other members. They had a show and enough merchandise to fill a warehouse and at one time or another Warner Bros. did host their merchandise in a Maryland warehouse to make distributing things to retailers a little easier. I’m sure that wasn’t the only one though. I would sit and watch Bugs Bunny on tv like he was my boo and he was shooting in the gym. I tried to support everything he did, visit him at the theme parks, wear his shirts, and a watch. I had a big pillow that Warner Bros. still makes (I checked their site) and I even had a Looney Tunes bed set but unfortunately it wasn’t one for Bugs. It was a pink Tweety Bird set and I asked for it repeatedly because I didn’t want it to sell out like the other one I had my eye on in a Fingerhut magazine. They could’ve at least had Lola you know?! I’m still torn between baby Looney Tunes and The Peanuts as far as kiddie bedrooms are concerned.
Anywho, on to more current cartoon fashion affairs. Lazy Oaf, a London based clothing line has collaborated with Looney Tunes and I’m trying to be all in the mix while I’m still at an age where I can get away with wearing cartoon apparel without my peers side-eying me. Hopefully I can find my old stuff but if not Etsy and Ebay have a few things and if I can’t find what I want on those sites well there’s always this collabo. Take a look…
Welcome to the ‘Space Jam’
I reblogged this post from Life & Dim Sum for those of you who may be new to cooking and looking to add more flavor to some of your dishes.
The only time salt & pepper should be the only seasoning you add to a meal is when you’re making a steak or a beef burger. Other than that, you need to make sure your dish has plenty of love(aka flavor).
The best way to build complex & distinct flavor in a dish is by adding herbs.
I prefer fresh herbs but in a pinch, dried will do as well. Just note that you will always need to add more fresh herbs than dried herbs(2-3 times as much) to a recipe to achieve the same level of flavor.
This one is my absolute fav! I use it on chicken, beef & pork. In sauces, Dominican style rice & pigeon peas and literally in everything. Dried or fresh, anytime I’m cooking and feel like something is missing, I…
View original post 416 more words
Are you a fan of The Little Mermaid? If you are, let it show like one of my readers! Alexis recently showed her love of the film and she wanted to share with the rest of you.
Hopefully if you don’t already own the movie on VHS or DVD then you went and purchased the newest release, the Diamond Edition, for your little princess. Happy Tuesday!
1. LifeAndDimSum cooked up some Lemon Ricotta Waffles and I’m actually thinking of making them this weekend using the recipe she provided! How about using honey instead of syrup? Warm honey, lemon, and waffles… yum.
2. What should you be watching this weekend? “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete” opens in theaters today. I’ve been patiently waiting for this since I read about it on the Sundance website. George Tillman, Jr., the director behind Soul Food, Men of Honor, Barbershop, and Notorious was said to have fallen in love with Michael Starrbury’s script for this movie and thankfully he was in a position to bring it to life. The film is told through Mister’s point of view for the most part. His mother does more than dabble in drugs and after she’s apprehended by the police, Mister and Pete are left alone to face more than any child should just like some do in reality.
3. I said this fall I would purchase my first pair of Uggs so I went to the site and found that they launched a customization feature. They’re letting customers modify the classic short boot and/or the furry slipper. I doubt anyone can make that slipper look like it’s worth spending $110 on but hey give it your best shot. The short classic boot is $220 and you can makeover the boot, bindings, heel, and sole. Click here to get started! You can’t have names sewn on or anything but that’s what craft stores are for 🙂
5. How would you like to live the American Dream… you know, shop at your favorite stores (Zara, TopShop, etc), surf, ride some rides, ice skate, and catch a live Cirque du Soleil show and maybe ride a few water rides all under one roof? American Dream is a slow project still in the works aiming to become one of the largest unique shopping, entertainment and tourism centers in the world. Check out the website here.
6. R. Reuel the woman behind the collection Demestiks New York has 2 pages of pieces made up of African wax prints.
7. Fashion, Art, Design (FAD) Georgetown takes place this Friday – Saturday. To view the list of happenings for these two days click here.
8. Have you been searching for suspenders to fit your little one? Try Ryann’s Closet! Suspenders are $10 and you may even find a matching bow or bow tie.
9. Well I don’t know about frightening but these parents set the bar pretty high for creative costumes for kids. Check out the competition here.
10. You’ve seen leather gloves but how about mittens? H&M recently added some to their site but if you’re feeling crafty, try DIYing your own! Hopefully you took advantage of their two-day 30% of sale this week 🙂
11. Lastly, Old Navy has some sweatshirts on sale for $8 in 7 different colors. If you need any for DIYs then these might be great for you to use. If you read the reviews, you’ll find some people purchased more than one. The sale lasts through Monday.